Monday, April 5, 2010

Shaking Things up on David’s Birthday and Easter

As most of you know, my hubby is a very low-key, behind the scenes, hater of attention, quiet kind-of-guy. Complete opposite of me, which is the reason why we fit so well together-right? David made me PROMISE that I wouldn’t make a big-to-do about his birthday this year. He didn’t want a party, or any type of gathering. While I reminded him that he is still young and that his loved ones just want to celebrate him, I agreed to honor his wish. Of course, knowing me—I still had to give him a “little surprise” so I decided to sneak and get him tickets to one of his favorite comedians who happened to be in concert the night of his birthday. We had a nice dinner at "Old Tortilla Factory"...(yum...yum...yum) with his Mom, Rod, Sister, and Brother-in-law and enjoyed ourselves at the comedy show afterwards. It was a quiet evening, which is the way he likes it.





The next day was Easter and we headed back to The Dodge Theatre for Pilgrim Rest’s Resurrection Sunday service. What an amazing time we had! Baby has become quite accustom to “jamming out” in the womb during Sunday morning service, so he even enjoyed himself too.

After church we went to The Nathans for a BBQ. During the dinner preparation we were all sitting around the kitchen table when I started feeling extremely dizzy. I felt like I was on a cruise ship and it really freaked me out. I thought to myself “Is this what Braxton Hicks feel like”. Well, I guess my eyes said it all, because Quisha looked at me and was apparently feeling the same way. Seconds later we looked up and saw the chandelier swinging from side to side. After all of us being stricken by silence, Darnell said, “I think that’s an earthquake”. It lasted for about 30 seconds and we were all stunned. We immediately flipped on the tv to CNN who a few minutes later broke with the news that Baja California experienced a 7.2 magnitude earthquake that was felt as far away as Phoenix, AZ. I am a native of Phoenix and have NEVER experienced that before. It was definitely a memory. We all laughed and said, Jesus was just shaking it up a bit on Resurrection day saying, “Wake up people I was here today many many years ago and will be back.....soon.” After we got over the initial shock of the quake, we enjoyed a delicious meal, followed by coloring eggs and hunting for them after. We had a great day and definitely an Easter to remember!







No comments: