Monday, March 22, 2010

Shayla vs. "The Light"

My Aunt and Uncle have two wire-haired terriers whose favorite hobby is chasing the beam from a red laser light pen. It's hilarious to watch and it's great recreation and exercises for the pups.

Anyhow, several months ago David found one of these laser lights on an airplane, and while he has always returned everything that he has found on a plane--this was one thing that he decided to take home for our enjoyment. Anyhoo, Shayla loved chasing "the light" and I loved it because we could keep her busy for hours on end! This activity went on for several weeks until we became bad parents and stopped playing.

I was cleaning out the "junk drawer" the other night...(Yes--you could call it "nesting") when I found "the light". Of course, the batteries were dead but all I had to do was say to Shayla, "Where's the light" and she started prancing around the house determined to find that little red beam. Anyhow, David and I headed out to Walgreen's that night to pick up some more batteries. So here we are on a Saturday night playing with a laser light and our 7 year old cocker spaniel. Shayla is hilarious when she plays this game, and it's kinda cute to see David so involved with it also. It get's me all warm and fuzzy for our playtime with Braylon! And yes of course, You know I wouldn't end this post without a video for your enjoyment! =)

PS...My apologies for the annoying background voice!

No comments: