Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Playoffs are in full force! GO CARDS!

Well despite the traumatic loss of week 16 that the Cards faced at home VS The Greenbay Packers, I knew in my heart that we would come out with a victory in the Round 1 "Wild Card" game. I dunno, call it "pregnancy intuition" but I just knew that my Cards weren't ready to call this season quits.

Mom, JJ, David, and I had a great tailgating session followed by a Roller Coaster game. The stadium's energy was that of last years NFC Championship game...Purely insane. Braylon was very active during the game, as he was probably wondering what all the commotion was about. His constant kicking and bouncing leads me to believe that he is already my lil' Cardinals fan. (Will the kid even have a choice...I don't think so =)

As most of you saw the game it was definitely an "edge of your seats" kind of ride. Our squad looked amazing the first half but of course by the third quarter were showing many signs of fatigue. The moment when Adams caused the fumble, allowing Dansby to run for the winning touch down happened without most of us being able to comprehend what had just happened. One minute we were thinking it was over when our kicker missed the game-winning field goal, and next thing we knew people were screaming, jumping, and throwing themselves on other fans saying "WE WON"...After a few seconds (and looking up at the scoreboard) I saw that it was true--CARDS WIN--and we are still alive!

We pretty much RAN outta the stadium before riots started to break out. What a great game to be a part of. We will now head down to the airport on Friday with all the other "Red Bird Fans" to send our boys off in style as they head to the "Big Easy"! David and I are both already predicting a Cowboys/Cardinals NFC Championship game...WOW--wouldn't that be sumthin!

Oh--before leaving I guess I should say, Mommy, Daddy, and Braylon are all doing well. I can definitely tell he's growing as his movements are much more prominent and I have a lot more "tightness" in my lower abdomen. This week I will hit my "half way" mark! Whooo Hoo!!!




No comments: