Sunday, April 17, 2011

What a wonderful Day, Ruess Wedding

For those of you that attended our wedding, will remember our Amazing DJ, Teffanie. Teffanie and I met in 2006 when I was interviewing her to become the most important vendor of our wedding day. That day would be the beginning of a wonderful friendship. Teff has been there for me through thick and thin over the years, and her generous and caring heart is like no one else. Fast forward 4 years later, when Teffanie would finally meet the Love of Her Life, Mr. Dave Ruess. 4 months later, I was honored in standing by her side while her and Dave exchanged wedding vows at candlelight

Now, a blog wouldn't be a blog if I didn't share just a quick story about my experience just a short time before the wedding began. Here is the short story version...

Bride and Maids running 30 minutes late from hair and makeup to get dressed for ceremony.

Mother of Bride and Groom nervous that they may have a "runaway bride" on their hands
Arrive at ceremony site, Maids get bride dressed.

Maids start getting dressed. One maid zips up other maid (me) dress. Zipper gets stuck.

30 minutes before start of ceremony, 3 people truing to get maid (my) zipper un-stuck.

One jerk and bam, zipper breaks.

Everyone freaks.

Maid (me) is sitting in non-private "dressing room" in undergarments (note, not just any undergarments string black thong-had no idea anyone that evening would be seeing her in this attire) trying not to burst into freak out mode.

Meanwhile, bride is out getting photos done (Maids are MIA for photos)

Maid calls husband and mother who are in route to ceremony site. Tells them the dress fiasco, they have 5 minutes before store closing to purchase and pick up new dress. Time is 15 minutes before start of ceremony.

5 minutes later, dress was delivered.

Maids and Bride grab a few photos before sunset and start of ceremony.

All three ladys down 2 glasses of wine

Ceremony begins.

Wedding: A Success.

Lessons learned...Give yourself an extra HOUR while playing a part in a wedding. Always think before you choose your "thong of the day". Don't buy a dress if it has an "hidden zipper", if something goes wrong...it's all over.

The End.





1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh man I didn't know about your dress issues! I can't believe you were able to get another dress!!! Yea I'm glad all turned out ok!
P.s. I'm sure you rocked the black thong!!