Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's Official...Round II

I am happy to confirm that David and I are officially pregnant...again! While we are sooo excited and blessed that God has given us another baby, we are going into this pregnancy with "extra caution". I have had several family members and friends experience multiple miscarriages so it is a very scary thing. And although we trust in God to give us a beautiful baby, we probably won't feel that its "real" until after the first trimester where the chance of miscarriage is under 5%.

I had my first ultrasound yesterday at 5 weeks and 4 days. I'm still too early in the pregnancy to actually see a heartbeat, however the amniotic sac and yolk sac looked perfectly healthy. I will return to the doctors in a couple of weeks, the day before my 28th birthday, expecting a healthy heartbeat.

So far, no major "preggo" symptoms other than exhaustion, winds of nausea, and of course getting woken up in the middle of the night to go pee. I can't complain and am actually looking forward to "huggin the porcelain bowl" After all, morning sickness is a great sign of a healthy pregnancy. =)

Please continue to pray for David and I and for our baby to grow healthy over the next 35 weeks.

No comments: