Saturday, July 23, 2011

Back to Horshoebay Texas

David, Braylon, and I flew to Austin this weekend to spend some time with my dad at his summer home in Horshoebay, Texas. WOW! What a great time we had! I wish I could have stayed for a month, because it was truly just what the doctor ordered. My dad's house is gorgeous and right on the lake of LB Johnson. Our morning coffee was accompanied by the boaters and jet-skiers passing by and our evenings were welcomed with the stars and calm waters. Braylon had a great time on Grandpa's boat, so much it would put him to sleep every time we went out for a ride. David and I had a great time 'racing' each other on the jet skis and laying out on the dock for afternoon naps.

Aside from the relaxation, Texas sure did have some good eaten! Dad took us to many delicious places, one including an amazing BBQ place where we actually picked our meat straight off the pit, wrapped it up, and ate it on butcher paper while sitting arm and arm next to other diners on a picnic table. The experience was amazing and I cannot wait to head back to that part of the country for some more texas-style grub!

We are so blessed to start building memories with my dad again. It's almost as if no time has passed and we are ever so grateful with our time together. The Lord has done some amazing things in my family's life this summer and I can't wait to see how things progress.










No comments: